The key to life is not accumulation. It's contribution. Hands that serve help more than the lips that pray.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OZONE RUSH 3 M


OZONE RUSH 3

After flying the Mantra 4 and the Delta before I realized that OZONE has found a very comfortable profile with excellent performance. Now after the NOVA Mentor 2 has raised the bar for the new EN-B’s, I was intrigued to see what the Rush 3 would be like.
Standing on take-off with 96 all up weight on the M (85-105) size. Launching is easy and the glider lifted me quickly into the air.
The brakes travel is the same as on the Delta (Typical OZONE) Long brakes, soft very easy to steer with an average to good turn radius.

No matter what the conditions will throw at you, nothing will bother the calm attitude of the Rush 3.
I could describe it as “being on rails (stable) with rubber wheels (Soft) ”.

The same day I flew the Mentor 2 and the Sprint Evo, then again the Rush 3.The most dampened glider was the “Zen” Rush 3.
I am now more than convinced that OZONE has found something really special in those stable profiles.

The climb rate of the Rush 3 is really good at my weight load. Very close to the Mentor 2 .All you need to do is lower the brakes into the thermal…. No complications and corrections!
If the Rush 3 is loaded near the top, then the Mentor 2 with same loadings has the edge on climb, and this is because of the more lively profile of the Mentor 2.

Big ears are easy to make and are stable. The accelerator is also smooth and light. A real delight to use!

The moment of performance into wind and turbulence has come. Later, I gave the Rush 3 to my friend @ 102 all up, and I flew the Mentor 2 S @ 94 all up.

After many glides at trim and at first bar, we are both convinced that in calm air they could be “equal”…BUT, in head wind and turbulent conditions, a slight advantage was on the RUSH 3 !!!.

Let me explain: The Mentor 2 is an excellent glider but moves more in the air, and that’s a good thing for the educated pilot. The Rush 3 is more stable, so when on long glides into the thermals, wind, turbulence…the profile of the Rush 3 is keeping the wing on rails. It didn’t loose the glides.
The Mentor 2 move more and, those movements which are small but do react to the profile (roll and pitch) and make it loose a bit in long (air moving) glides. Actually in down wind glides they are practically the same.

Conclusion: Among the new EN-B’s, I have tested, the Rush 3 stand alone in comfort in flight and its performance and easiness in the air is extraordinary.
After 3 hours of xc flight in turbulent air, I landed on take off to take another glider and my mind was still fixed on the Rush 3.
If you want an EN_B glider, but stressed by work, daily duties and tired but willing to go flying without the extra stress, then the Rush 3 “is” the choice.

First video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IssYMI5LULE


https://picasaweb.google.com/Ziad.bassil/OZONERUSH3M#

4 comments:

jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pieta said...

I am a new student pilot and can get a 2nd hand rush 3 at a very reasonalble price. its a M (85-105, I way 78.8kg) and it has about 60 hours. Do you think I can buy it and do my course with it and will it be safe, or is it a bit advanced for a new pilot?
Tx a mil!
Pete

Unknown said...

Yes this is a best option for great observation belongs to floor locks.Today its uses is very fast than others --thanks lot.

floor locks & appliance casters